• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
Welcome. These are letters to my unborn daughter, Lily Grace Smith. She has a rare chromosomal disorder called, Trisomy 18 or Edwards Syndrome, and is not expected to live through infancy. These letters are my attempt to communicate with her all the things a father wants his daughter to know. They represent the conversations and the advise that I want to share with her. Please feel free to read the letters and to comment. In return, I only ask that you make sure your children know how much you love them.

Letter to Lily 2/17/2009

Dear Lily,

I know I can sound like a motivational speaker at times, but I want to make sure that I tell you everything I think is important now, while we have time together. I have a quote above my room at school. It says, "Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." I like this quote. Another one I read recently from Disraeli is, "Nurture your mind with thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think." Finally, I like one by Michelangelo, who wrote, "The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." You know, there are a million ways to say the same thing. And that's OK. You never know when your words will make an impact. I am all about goal setting right now. In my class, I am pushing hard on them to succeed, because I don't want them to suffer later. I want them to be ready. I feel the same way about you. If I could push you harder, yell for you. "Kick harder!" "Fight harder!" "Your daddy is here waiting for you!" Set your goal higher than all the doctors out there telling us to give up on you. You can do anything you want. We are following your lead, so show us you want to be here. Talk to God and convince him that you have work to do here. Tell him that your daddy needs you.

Love,

Daddy-
Read More 0 comments | Posted by Dave Smith edit post

0 comments



Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Letters to Lily

Followers

whos.amung.us - visitor maps

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2009 (23)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ▼  February (6)
      • Letter to Lily 2/28/09
      • Letter to Lily 2/22/09
      • Letter to Lily 2/17/2009
      • Letter to Lily 2/12/2009
      • Letter to Lily 2/9/2009
      • Letter to Lily 2/5/2009
    • ►  January (4)

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Letters to Lily. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top