Well, the day you arrive in this world is getting closer and closer. I have to be honest and say that I am scared. It's OK to be scared, I think, as long as it doesn't get in the way of living and that you realize that being scared isn't going to help you at all. I've always been scared of the unknown -- what's under the bed; what's behind that bush in the dark woods; and now, will my little princess make it? I realize that there is nothing I can do but pray and hope for the best. I know that my fear is futile, because whatever will be, will be. But when your mommy told me the other day that we had about 7 weeks to go, a shot of terror went through me. God help me! Will I be able to handle this? Will I be strong enough to hold up this fragile little family?
I know I've already thanked you for your strength, but I want you to know that I am leaning on you, little one. I am relying on your strength to bolster us and to get us through this trial. It's in the time of trial that we are truly made. The glass vase must go through the scorching heat in order to be molded. The tree must die in order to be reborn the next spring. We, too, must rise above the pain and be molded, galvanized, and reborn into something greater. You, my princess, are going to be our flame, our winter, our little girl. How can I be scared when I have you to hold my hand?
Love,
Daddy




Post a Comment