• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
Welcome. These are letters to my unborn daughter, Lily Grace Smith. She has a rare chromosomal disorder called, Trisomy 18 or Edwards Syndrome, and is not expected to live through infancy. These letters are my attempt to communicate with her all the things a father wants his daughter to know. They represent the conversations and the advise that I want to share with her. Please feel free to read the letters and to comment. In return, I only ask that you make sure your children know how much you love them.

Letter to Lily 4/28/09

Dear Lily,

Tonight I am burning some CDs for your mommy, sisters, and I to listen to while we get prepared for you. There are so many things that I want to share with you -- my favorite books, all the countries I have visited, and music. I can't imagine life without music, and I hope you have heard the music bouncing through your mommy's belly.

There is one song that I have listened to a few times lately. It is the first song on your mommy's blog. It is called, Gratitude by Nicole Nordeman. At first I liked the song's beginning. I like repetition in songs, if it is used effectively. But then one day I stopped to think about the words. It is basically about someone asking for things through prayer. The difference with this song is that she says that if her prayers are not answered that that is ok, she will be thankful anyway. I guess that is the pinnacle of gratitude -- being thankful even when you don't get what you want. I'm strong in some ways, but I do not think that I am ready to say thank you if I do not get to hold you and love you and watch you grow into a beautiful woman. I am not ready to honestly say that I am OK with my little girl being in pain. I may get there some day; but right now I am too prideful to show true gratitude. I hope you don't hold it against me. You have brought me so far already. I have a feeling that you have just begin to teach me.

I hope your mommy's feeling was correct. Listen to our loving voices. Listen to the wonderful music. We are still here. We will never leave you. We await with arms wide open.

Love,

Daddy
Read More 0 comments | Posted by Dave Smith edit post

0 comments



Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Letters to Lily

Followers

whos.amung.us - visitor maps

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2009 (23)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ▼  April (8)
      • Letter to Lily 4/28/09
      • Letter to Lily 4/27/09
      • Letter to Lily 4/25/09
      • Letter to Lily 4/21/09
      • Letter to Lily 4/17/09
      • Letter to Lily 4/15/09
      • Letter to Lily 4/13/09
      • Letter to Lily 4/2/09
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (4)

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Letters to Lily. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top